The annual Outstanding Merit Award is given for a worthy endeavor in Maryland that accomplishes one or more of the following:
* Increases public awareness and understanding of mental illness
* Enhances the quality of care for psychiatric illness
* Reduces the stigma of mental illness
Nominations for this award of $500 are being invited from the entire Maryland community. A short nomination form must be submitted with a cover letter by March 1, 2010, to the Maryland Foundation for Psychiatry, 1101 Saint. Paul Street, Suite 305, Baltimore, MD 21202-6405. The form is available as PDF or Word document.
The 2009 Award was presented to the Gaudenzia Park Heights New Vision of Hope Program in Baltimore for its services to a very difficult population of dual diagnosis patients with substance abuse and mental illness, many of whom have criminal justice involvement.
- Download 2010 Outstanding Merit Award nomination form (Microsoft Word document)
- Download 2010 Outstanding Merit Award nomination form (PDF document)
- 2009 Winner: Gaudenzia Park Heights New Vision of Hope Program in Baltimore
- 2008 Winner: Healthy Mothers and Healthy Babies program
- 2007 Winner: Bowie Therapeutic Nursery Center, Inc.
- 2006 Winner: Mr. Edgar K. Wiggins